We Are Looking for New Fellows! Program Begins Nov. 9th
In the wake of Mike Brown’s murder, we have seen a number of young collectives and individuals emerge. And though these groups have been open to hearing and at times working with established organizations, they have also expressed an interest in maintaining their autonomy. And rightfully so, this is the same thing we saw with the founding of SNCC in 1960 in response to the encouragement of Ella Baker.
Next Revolution Fellowship Program proposes that established organizations like OBS rethink the way that we are engaging with young people. Rather than trying to lead them, we want to give them the tools they need to shape their own contribution to the movement, however they see fit.
1. By joining the program, fellows agree to go through a 5-week long organization building module, to be supervised by a Youth Director.
2. Each week of the program covers crucial knowledge on how to build an organization, develop programs and campaigns, and create coalitions using Black Liberation framework.
3. Each fellow will schedule twice weekly sessions with a mental health counselor for the duration of the program. We’ve all been through a lot these past few weeks and we have to care ourselves if we hope to transform our communities.
4. Each fellow will complete weekly benchmarks.
5. After each successfully completed week, each fellow will receive a $100 stipend.
6. At the end of program, each fellow gets $500 to start an organization or project.
7. To get the start up, each fellow must meet each weekly benchmark. If all benchmarks are not successfully met during the program, they must be met within 30 days of program end date, without the stipend.
8. This program is limited to 12 fellows per session.
At the end of this program, fellows will be fully equipped to take their skill-sets back into their communities and start to organize for the change that they want to see. The hope is that during the program, fellows will become familiar enough each other so that at the end of the program, some may decide to work together, pool their resources, or create organizations with their peers.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Nov 2, 2015
PROGRAM START DATE: Nov 9, 2015
Please Click Here to Apply: http://goo.gl/forms/YZMR2HRT1m